Key Points of Blind Way Barrier-free Design
Among people with disabilities, their degree and form of disability will also be different. For this reason, there are also different needs for accessibility. The barriers are relatively dense, and the degree and form of barriers are not the same. Therefore, the design must follow the concept of barrier-free design and meet the following design points to provide more convenience for the disabled.
Generally speaking, the barrier-free design should meet the following points:
(1) When setting the direction and position of the blind way, it should be convenient for the visually impaired. At the same time, the design should ensure continuity, avoid obstacles such as wires, trees, cables, and manhole covers. No facility can occupy the blind track.
(2) The blind road should be set up about 250~600mm away from the outer wall of the sidewalk and the green area of the flower platform. The distance between the blind road and the standing edge stone should not be less than 500mm.
(3) The bus stop along the partition and the sidewalk should set up the blind track, the width should be 300~600mm, and the blind track should be set up on the sidewalk steps, obstacles and ramps. Set up a blind track at about 250~600mm from the entrance square of the human nature crossing.
(4) Set up the blind track at the turn of the blind track to ensure that its length is greater than the width of the blind track.
(5) When the sidewalk of the road has a blind track, the width of the blind track should be the same as that of the road blind track.
(6) When the sidewalk forms an arc-shaped route, the blind path should be in line with the direction of the human path.
(7) Full-width barrier-free ramps should be used at corners of sidewalks.
Wuyi Xiongchang Hardware Manufacturing Co., Ltd., as a professional manufacturer of blind tracks, not only hopes that there will be more and more blind tracks, but also hopes that blind ways are not simply helping the disabled. Everyone actively promotes various social welfare projects and popularizes barrier-free universal design concepts to make everyone consciously become a builder of barrier-free public environment.